2009年6月8日月曜日

Names and Addresses

①Are feelings, emotions and facial expressions universal across borders, happy, sad, etc..?

I think if I do not understand his lunguage in another coutry,
I can only understand his fellings, emotions and facial expressions.


②Try to name as many feelings as possible in Japanese. ( 10 minimum) Then, write the English translation.

1.うれしい⇒glad
2.幸せ⇒happy
3.悲しい⇒sad
4.腹立つ⇒angry
5.イライラする⇒irritable
6.眠い⇒sleppy
7.面白い⇒interesting
8.緊張した⇒nervus
9.わくわくする⇒exciting
10.孤独な⇒lonely
11.つまらない⇒boring


③ Are there any feelings in Japanese that cannot be translated into English?

I think there is not same means "へこむ(Hekomu)" in Japanese.
This means my feelings become down when sad things happen to me.

9 件のコメント:

  1. I think that smiling is common throughout the world. We can understand people what thinking about.

    返信削除
  2. Hi,pino♪
    へこむ…it is difficult to express!!
    We can't express only one word.

    返信削除
  3. Hello:-)

    I agree with you!
    It is very difficult to translate へこむ into English.

    I think, to translate slang into English is very difficult.

    返信削除
  4. That's right, slang is difficult to translate.

    I think Hekomu is simmilar to be depressed.

    返信削除
  5. Hi!
    I agree with you Q3.
    It is difficult word!! I think hekomu is depressed.

    返信削除
  6. Japanese is difficult. The different from Japanese in some feelings in English.

    返信削除
  7. I am very sorry but I have misplaced the sign-up sheet with the volunteers names and email addresses on it. If you signed up to make potato salad, set-up, cook/serve food, or clean up, please leave me a comment!

    返信削除
  8. I agree with you.
    I can't transrate "Hekomu" into English too.
    It's so difficult.
    There are lots of slangs we can't transrarate like it.

    返信削除
  9. Hello.
    I agree with you.
    It's hard to translate "へこむ" into English.
    But "へこむ" comes from the meanings that feelings go down.
    So, we can say "sad" or "disappointed" or so on if we translate it.

    返信削除