2009年5月11日月曜日

Buddism

How is your doirly life affected bi Buddhism?
What do you do and why do you do it?

①In Japan, we call the time which is on August 13 to 15 “obonn”. We put some wreath of decorated cucumber and eggplants on household Buddhist alter. I think this is treatment for ancestor. These cucumber and eggplants are animal vehicles. Cucumber is like horse and eggplants is like cow. Our ancestors go back to our house by them.
②In this time, we burn fire before the door or garden lantern. I think this is sign for our ancestors to back to our house.
③In Japan, we fold our legs under ourselves in temple. I think this is etiquette to Buddha.
④In new years day, we write many new year cards, but we do not do the next year when someone who is one of our family circle dead. I think the reason we do not do is not so good things we say “happy” to them.
⑤The day, we keep vigil when someone die. We do not have to run out of fire. This is to pray for the souls of dead in peace.

4 件のコメント:

  1. Hi,Pino.
    about ③
    Do you write new years cards or send E-mail more?
    I am the latter but I'm looking forward to recieving the cards every year :D

    返信削除
  2. Hallo!!
    I think your blog is very simple and interesting.

    I have a question.

    When obonn,do you make a cucumger and eggplant vehile in your house??

    返信削除
  3. *SWEET CANDY*
    I do both writing new years cards and sending E-mail, but I almost send E-mail.
    I am happy for getting new years cards too
    because these remein many years☆

    返信削除
  4. *Jall*
    Thank you for your comment♪

    I answer your qusetion.
    We do not have a household Buddhist altar in my house.
    So, we do not make them.
    But, I saw them in my grandparent`s house.
    I try to make them this year♪

    返信削除