2009年5月18日月曜日

Greetings

How do you greet people in your life?

When we greet someone who meet the first time, we bow or shake hands.
And, when we see our old friends after a long separation, we sometimes hug.
I think how to greet is depends on time, place, occasion and an objects.


Is it different for different people? How so and why?

My answer is Yes.
When I went to England, My host family kissed each other as greeting before went to bed or left home. However, it is not custom in Japan.


Dou you touch people when you talk to them? Why or why not?

Yes, I do.
However, when I do it, it depends on place, occasion, an objects and my feelings.
So, I do not do someone who I do not konw well, because I think it is rude manner.
And, I do not want to be touched by them.

9 件のコメント:

  1. When I went to Britain, I was kissed,too. I think that the kiss is one of wonderful communications though I was puzzled to it first time:)

    返信削除
  2. Thank you very much for your comment☆
    I agree with your comment. Kiss is very nice greeting!! But, we do not often see this scene in Japan. If you have a chance, you try it☆

    返信削除
  3. I think so.
    When I went to Britain, I have been the same experience. My host family kissed me, when I excanged good-bye with them.

    返信削除
  4. Aserora!! I am happy for your comment.
    You try to kiss as greeting In Japan☆^▽^*

    返信削除
  5. Hi, Pino♪♪
    I think so too.
    Anyway, do you kiss as a greeting in Japan??
    (^ー^))

    返信削除
  6. I didn't ever kiss and hug when I greet for someone. In Japan, these were not custom, and if Japanese go to foreign country, Japanese is shy. But, I want to challenge to kiss and hug when I greet for foreigner.

    返信削除
  7. *BERRY*
    Thank you for your comment☆

    I want to do, but I do not have someone to it.(;;)

    返信削除
  8. *clover*

    I think so to.
    Let`s try it♪^▽^*
    I also try it!!

    返信削除
  9. Hello, Pino :) I want to ask about your daily life with your host family. Did they also kissed you before bed time or when you were going out? Or they didn`t do that because thay understand we don`t hve that culture in Japan. If thay also kissed you, did you get used to it soon? :)

    返信削除